Friday, March 29, 2013

Opportunities



I was honored last month to receive an invitation to participate as a presenter at a Texas Society of Association Executives (TSAE) Learn @ Lunch session. The panel discussion centered on membership issues and I was proud that I could represent DKG on the panel along with membership administrators from four other associations. I learned as much as I shared that afternoon.  I learned that DKG is facing the same challenges other associations are facing, that the Society is not alone in “feeling the crunch” of recent economic and cultural changes, and that in fact this great organization of key women educators, as were our Founders, is ahead of the game in many ways. 

This month, Austin's KXAN News reporter for education is interviewing DKG members who are mentoring teachers as part of the international project, Supporting Early-career Educators. Erin joined DKG in New York to accept a media award and is now sharing our work with the Austin community.  What an opportunity for our members in Austin area!
So, seize the opportunities that come your way.  Opportunities to learn from other great educators, to lead in growth and reform, and to share about the good things happening in education today - these opportunities often come our way when we least expect them.  I am excited that our Society is moving forward with a powerful presence in the 21st Century, proud that our impact on education is being noticed and honored to be a member of DKG.  I hope you are, too.

1 comment:

  1. What a thrill it was to find your blog as I was looking through the DKG International website!

    Laura Bohac

    ReplyDelete